Welcome to the Bridge to Christ Home Page


Bridge to Christ



Bridgetown Pastoral Region Young Adult Ministry



"Be fully mature, equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:17)
St. Jude the Apostle Parish St. Aloysius Gonzaga Parish


















Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A place to start

One member recommended looking at the idea of friendship with Jesus.  It can be helpful and transform prayer when we have a stronger sense of who it is we are talking to.

It also makes sense to me to start with Christ, since that is why we are called Christians.  Consider checking out this post by Christian singer Michael Card:



Maybe share your thoughts or other questions about our rich Catholic faith.

1 comment:

  1. "Being a friend of Jesus means allowing yourself to be defined by him." I think this is so critical; it certainly is true for me. I'd be lost without the direction and guidance provided by faith. It really is something I choose to follow because there is simply no one else like Jesus as he is portrayed in the gospels.
    Some of the things he says and promises are incredible. "He who eats the bread that I will give will never die." "If you have faith the size of a mustard seed you will say to that mountain, 'Get up and be tossed into the sea.'" Sometimes His words full meaning is beyond me, but I think, "That's someone I want to learn from." And that's what the friendship, prayer, and taking time is about - letting him teach me. Jesus' words give me something to aspire to, I also let him guide my actions because I trust him. So, yes, I am willing to be defined by my relationship with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete